Link to my Technology project.
This was a fun project to do. I have only used PowerPoint a few times in the past, and the only presentations that I have ever built were extremely basic. I started out by studying the various tools on the PowerPoint toolbar. Then, I took a tutorial and started playing around with the different features. The PowerPoint presentation that I built is aimed at elementary students in the 4th - 6th grade, who would be learning the software for the first time. The presentation starts out very basic. As it moves on, the slides become more elaborate and include the features that I have talked about. I tried to keep the slides within the parameters of what elementary students would need to learn. However, I used most of the features of PowerPoint as I was learning the tool.
Included in the presentation are the following tools in PowerPoint:
Different slide layouts
Shapes
Color fills
Clip Art
Word Art
Smart Art
Animations - for both text and slides. I have include sound options, transition speeds, and automatic slide show options.
Video Clips
Audio Clips
How to print notes with slides
I never knew how many features were possible in PowerPoint. While building the slide show, I experimented with all of the different text and graphics possibilities. I also tried adding charts and shapes with animation. I think my favorite feature that I learned was how to publish the presentation. I loved the option that allows you to convert the presentation into a Word document. The options of text only or mini-slides, with an area for your notes or blank lines for people to take notes on, would be extremely handy for creating documents for students to take lecture notes on. I also learned how to do a print screen. All of the pictures in the slide show were created by me.
I think I have learned some valuable tools for the next time I use PowerPoint. Without having to do this project, I would probably have never explored the possibilities of the program. I feel much more confident about using the program the next time I have a presentation to build.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment