Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Why I want to be a teacher

I have wanted to be a teacher since I was five years old. I started out my career by teaching my dolls, my stuffed animals, and eventually, my baby brother, everything I was learning in school. I like to learn new things and to share what I have learned with others. I think that the best thing in the world is to see a child's eyes light up when he or she finally understands a new concept or idea. Education is really necessary for our children's future. I love the idea of being a part of such a vital industry.

Ultimately, I would like to teach 3rd or 4th grade. They are a fun age group. These grades are just starting to really discover history and science as something to discover for themselves. However, they are still young enough to be open to games and unique styles of learning.

2 comments:

Prof. Sorenson said...

It must be wonderful to see a long time dream come true as you get closer and closer to finishing your course work here at NU. You will have many wonderful experiences as you open doors of learning for your students.

Janelle said...

It is an amazing experience to see the light go on for kids when they finally learn a new concept!! I agree :)

You will be a great teacher, Lynette! Your passion is evident!!